Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Android App & Backend Progress

A lot has been achieved since the last blog post. I have completed the complete UI of the Android application. We cannot fully test the mobile app since we will need real data from the server in order for that to happen. Because the backend server will be much more complicated than the front-end, I will be putting most of my effort into the backend. I recently learned how to push data to/from Firebase via Node.js. Problems I ran into were successfully signing in to a user's account in order to access profile information. Other than trying to solve this issue over the next few weeks, I will be researching key ways to perform asynchronous programming from a backend server. The two key programming languages to perform this that I will be looking at are Node.js and PHP.

No comments:

Post a Comment